In keeping with the mission of empowering women, the YWCA Great Lakes Bay Region will honor leaders who have made outstanding contributions in volunteer and/or professional activities in the areas of Business & Entrepreneurship, Community Leadership, Education, Healthcare, Social Justice, and Lifetime Achievement. Depth, breadth, and quantity of relevant activity of the nominee will be considered when determining the recipient.
We are dedicated to eliminate racism, empowering women, promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
- A completed Nomination Form
- A typed narrative response of no more than 3 pages (not counting letters of support) including: Major achievements and explain why the nominee deserves to be recognized
- Letters of support are strongly encouraged (no more than 2)
- Award recipients will be honored at a dinner and ceremony in the evening of Wednesday, March 15, 2017 beginning at 5:30pm at Horizons Conference Center in Saginaw.
- YWCA also presents a pre-reception on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at YWCA Great Lakes Bay Region in Bay City. This is the opportunity for the honorees to meet one another and discuss the specifics of the March 15 event.
Criteria for Nomination
- Have made Significant Contributions to the well-being of the community, state, or nation.
- Have a Record of Accomplishment in her chosen field (professional or volunteer).
- Be a Recognized Leader and demonstrate qualities of character and integrity.
- Demonstrate the character of a Role Model for other women.
- Be a Current Resident of the Great Lakes Bay Region ñ Bay, Saginaw, Midland, or Isabella County.
- Be present at the Women of Achievement Awards dinner the evening of March 15, 2017.
- A Lifetime Achievement nominee will have, through a lifetime of volunteer and/or professional activities, made outstanding contributions to her community.
2017 Lifetime Achievement Award Recipients
Reece Endeavor & City of Midland
Saginaw Valley State University
2017 Women of Achievement Award Recipients
BUSINESS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn
Tri-Star Trust Bank
Public Libraries of Saginaw
Dr. Smriti Pant
Great Lakes Bay Health Centers & Saginaw Valley State University
2017 Women of Achievement Emerging Leaders
Saginaw Valley State University
Central Michigan University
• Rozanne Giunta • Fran Hamburg • Kathy Conklin • Terri Johnson • Lesley Foxx Sims • Dr. Deborah Huntley • Judy Zehnder Keller • Dr. Diane Postler-Slattery Students • Florence Alexander, Saginaw Valley State University • Ali Bourcier, Delta College • Charnae Sanders, Central Michigan University • Jennifer Spink, Northwood University
• Monica Reyes • Kay Wagner • Nichol Krupp • Heidi Bolger • Stacy Erwin Oakes • Dot Hornsby • Sheilda Braddock • Karen Tighe • Mary Neely Students • Emily Bagwell, Northwood University • Tenesha Blair, Delta College • Hillary Degner, Saginaw Valley State University • Alayna Smith, Central Michigan University
• Linda Cline • Angelia Williams-Welch • Dr. Tracy Weber • Lyndsay Edmonds • Lisa Rechsteiner • Suzanne Greenberg • Roselyn Argyle • Bonnie McManus • Dee Dee Wacksman
• Dorothy McKandes • Dr. Kimberly Prime • Dr. Mamie Thorns • Cheryl Burzynski • Melissa Bernard • Barbara Engelhardt • Alicia Flynn • Jenee Velasquez Students • Racquel Fakhouri, Northwood University • Marissa Geyer, Saginaw Valley State University • Stephanie Pocsi, Central Michigan University • Helen Szabo, Delta College
• Nancy Lepard Barker • Dr. Jean Goodnow • Culli Damuth • Tammy Bernier • Diane Fong • Lori Gwizdala • Evelyn McGovern • Carmen Menchaca • Ellen Talbott • Anne Trahan Students • Rachel Church, Northwood University • Jeri Gravlin, Delta College • Amanda Helton, Saginaw Valley State University • Stefanie Turner, Central Michigan University
Students • Jacquelyn Baker, Delta College • Kristian Patterson, Saginaw Valley State University • Sara Pawlaczyk, Northwood University • Liesel Toth, Central Michigan University