In keeping with the mission of eliminating racism and empowering women, the YWCA Great Lakes Bay Region will honor leaders who have made outstanding contributions in volunteer and/or professional activities in the areas of Business & Entrepreneurship, Community Leadership, Education, Healthcare, Social Justice, and Lifetime Achievement. Depth, breadth, and quantity of relevant activity of the nominee will be considered when determining the recipient.
We are dedicated to eliminate racism, empowering women, promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
2020 YWCA Women of Achievement Awards
March 26, 2020
Horizons Conference Center - Saginaw, MI
- A completed Nomination Form (page 1 of Nomination Form)
- A typed narrative response (page 2 of Nomination Form)
- Letters of support are strongly encouraged (no more than 2)
- Award recipients will be honored at a dinner and ceremony in the evening of Wednesday, March 26, 2020 at Horizons Conference Center in Saginaw.
Criteria for Nomination
- Have made Significant Contributions to the well-being of the community, state, or nation.
- Have a Record of Accomplishment in her chosen field (professional or volunteer).
- Be a Recognized Leader and demonstrate qualities of character and integrity.
- Demonstrate the character of a Role Model for other women.
- Be a Current Resident of the Great Lakes Bay Region - Bay, Saginaw, Midland, or Isabella County.
- Be present at the Women of Achievement Awards dinner the evening of March 26, 2020.
- A Lifetime Achievement nominee will have, through a lifetime of volunteer and/or professional activities, made outstanding contributions to her community.
2020 Lifetime Achievement Award Recipients
Dr. Brenda Coughlin
Dr. Judith Ruland
2020 Women of Achievement Award Recipients
Business & Entrepreneurship
Dr. Dawn Hinton
Dr. Kathy Stewart
Dr. Lydia Watson