The mission of the YWCA Great Lakes Bay Region is to eliminate racism and empower women. During our annual Women’s Empowerment Symposium we offer speakers and actionable advice for attendees on how to get ahead professionally. Everyone who attends the Symposium leaves having been inspired, encouraged and ready to act the next day based on the information they received the night before.
In 2021, we will be focusing on both sides of our mission and our event is now called the Empowerment Symposium. Our theme for 2021 is “It's Time to Act!” and we’re seeking proposals for our breakout session presentations.
We’re looking for 3 breakout session speakers to present for 30-40 minutes during our Symposium in early November 2021. So if you’re an engaging speaker who has experience in any of the topics below, we’d love to hear from you!
Our ideal breakout session will give our attendees actionable information. Suggestions for topics include (but are not limited to): how to bring diversity and inclusion initiatives into the workplace, how to successfully intervene when you witness racism or racist harassment, how to get ahead at work, how women can tell their story, or any topic related to the YWCA GLBR’s mission of “eliminating racism and empowering women.”
Past Symposium breakout session topics have included:
• Learn How to Avoid Personal and Professional Burn Out
• Negotiation Skills for Women
• Resolving Workplace Conflicts
• Challenges Facing Female Executives Today
• Leading with Passion: A Personal Journey of Discovery and Success.
The Symposium attracts 200 women from across Bay, Midland and Saginaw Counties annually and attendees are at different stages in their careers. We are hoping to diversify our audience this year by offering topics that would be of interest to the general public, men, women, non binary people with a passion for the mission of the YWCA.
To submit your proposal to be an Empowerment Symposium breakout session speaker:
• Write a brief abstract (500 words) on your presentation’s topic, and include your bio and professional experience.
• The deadline for submission is 8/31/21 at 5:00pm.
• Send submissions to: email@example.com, headline “Empowerment Symposium Breakout Speaker Proposal.”